Illamasqua rubber finish compared with matte and glossy

It is so nice to read your thoughts and comments on my swatches of the new Illamasqua collection (in case you missed them click here). In this quick post I want to show you the finish of the new polishes side by side to matte and glossy nail polishes. For the comparison I chose Faux Pas because it is my personal favourite.

On the first picture is Faux Pas and some similar purple cremes but with a glossy finish. The difference is evident. Polishes in this comparison are China Glaze Grape Pop (GP), Illamsqua Faux Pas (FP), Zoya Mira (M) and Nicole By OPI I´m A Belieber (IAB).


You might think that adding a mattifying top coat (I used China Glaze Matte Magic on the picture below) would be close to the rubberised finish but it won´t. The Illamasqua finish is just something between matte and glossy. Based on my experience it also has much better staying power than matte polishes which chip easily. Oh and don´t forget that Faux Pas is a one coater!