Illamasqua Masquara in Raven


I already showed you four new Nail Varnishes from the new Illamasqua collection. But there are also some very exciting make up products that I would like to show you. I got the chance to also try the new mascara and the Precision Ink. I also want to buy the new blush in Morale, so that will appear here one day too.
So today it is about the new mascara called Masquara. Love the name. The shade Raven is a true deep black.

This is what Illamasqua says about the Masquara: "If the eyes are the windows of the soul, our new Masquara in Raven (midnight black) reveals a heart of darkness with a new formula that lengthens, defines and dramatises lashes to extremes."

This type of mascara is exactly something for me. Most of the time I wear more dramatic eyes and only nude lips. I like to experiment with colours on my eyes. As you can see on the picture below the brush is quite large:


I will now let the pictures do the talking and show you how the Masquara looks applied on. Please bear in mind that I am a nail polish blogger so excuse all the imperfections :)

WITHOUT MASQUARA

ONE COAT

TWO COATS

I have been wearing the Masquara for over one week every day now. As you can see it adds length and some volume to the lashes. You just have to be careful not to apply to much of the products but I think this will get better after a few days of use when a bit of the product dries out. What I really like about it is its staying power. It stays all day long and really is smudge proof. Overall I think this will not become my favourite mascara but it definitely is one of the better I tried.
Masquara is already available on the Illamasqua website. You can buy it here for £15.00.

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company