Misa Surreal Escape Collection 2011 - Swatches and Review


I fell in love with this collection when I saw the promo pictures and was very curious about how these look on nails. Now I have them finally at home and can share my swatches and thoughts with you.

GREY MATTERS
Lighter grey with small dark grey particles. This reminds me of a rainy day. It covered well in two coats.

SPACED OUT
This is similar to the previous but is much warmer with a hint of brown. Two coats again.

BEYOND INFINITY
Blue based grey shimmer. Two coats.

PHAZERS ON STUNNING
Very pretty golden green. I have only two coats on these pictures, although it is a bit sheer.

SHIELDS UP
This was the one that I had most application problems with. It is a bit thick and sheer at the same time. So I had to use three coats for this swatch.

THE GREAT GREEN WHATSIT
This is my favourite. I love it. Although you might not like the brush strokes I don´t mind with this one. Two coats.

I think the last three polishes have a great potential to be used for layering so I wanted to show you. Here they are over a simple black creme. All of them look stunning, don´t you think? I used one coat of each.


I really like how these polishes look together. They make a very nice collection. The first three greys have great formula and coverage. The rest of the collection is a bit tricky. You might feel a bit sad that what you get on the nail is not all the gorgeousness that is in the bottle. You might try to do more coats with these or have some fun with layering them. I showed them to you over black but I can imagine The Great Green Whatsit looking amazing over a turquoise or purple for example. 
What do you think about these? Let me know...

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company