Illamasqua Hemlock Nail Varnish - Swatches and Review

I am sure you all already know that Illamasqua is releasing a new fragrance in a few days. I absolutely love the images that were made for the release of Freak. They are purple and there are octopuses, which I think are amazingly beautiful animals. But it is not only Freak what is new from Illamasqua!

Illamasqua says: "To celebrate the launch of the Freak fragrance, we have created three limited edition make-up pieces, each inspired by the exotic blooms that make up its intoxicating scent. Embracing the mysterious history of its namesake, Poison Hemlock, is hardwearing new Nail Varnish in Hemlock."


In the bottle Hemlock is an iridescent green with a bit of pink, which shows only in the bottle. On the nail you can see mostly green, in the sun it turns more golden. It is just so pretty! As expected the formula was great, no streaks (honestly, I wouldn´t expect anything else from Illamasqua). For full coverage I think you would need four coats, I used three on the picture below and it is almost opaque. I was surprised about how much I liked it even alone...I could actually really wear this:



But I still think that all the fun starts when you layer Hemlock over creme polishes. I have been playing with different combinations all day long, there are endless possibilities, but here are some of the ones I like most.

So I tried Hemlock...

...over Illamasqua Boosh
Black is always the best way to show the full beauty of layering polishes. This combination was actually used for the Freak images!
...over Illamasqua Scorch
White is also a great polish for layering and I think that Hemlock makes it look very elegant. It looks like pearls to me.

...over Illamasqua Nudge
Nudge is already beautiful on its own but with Hemlock its is absolutely stunning! This might be my favourite combination so far.

...over Illamasqua Force
Hemlock changes the colour of Force from blue to more purple. 

...over Illamasqua Jo´Mina
You know I love Jo´Mina, there is no other polish like it. I actually had it on when Hemlock arrived so it was the first polish I tried it on. I think this is a beautiful combination....they remind me of the images for Freak.

I love Hemlock and I love to play with it...I could do tons of other combinations and I am sure all of them would look great. I don´t like green polishes much but green layering polishes are beautiful. I promise to show you more combinations with Hemlock soon...or you could just let me know what would you like to see and I will make a post about that.
You can pre-order Hemlock already here. As all Illamasqua Nail Varnishes it costs £13.50. Hemlock, Freak and the other products will be available on the 20th October, so that is just two more days! 
What do you think about Hemlock and will you be buying Freak? Let me know...

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company