OPI Burlesque Collection Holiday 2010 - Swatches and Review

I am a bit late with swatches of the OPI latest collection but I still think these are worth looking at again and again :) The Burlesque collection consists of twelve polishes...six shimmers and six glitters. I wanted the collection so bad since I first saw the promo pictures. From that time many months have passed and I saw a lot of swatches on other blogs. Some wrote the collection is overhyped. You want to know what I think? Well read on :)


The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).

TEASEY DOES IT!
Amazing dark brown purple. I love colors like this. Just look at the close up. This is what makes the polish look really pretty. This was two coats.

LET ME ENTERTAIN YOU!
One of my favourites. I love reds with pink sparkle. It glows so much and it is really sexy. Can´t wait to wear it as a full mani. You can do either two thick coats or three normal for full coverage.

ALI’S BIG BREAK
This is a classic Christmas red. I am sorry about the vnl, it wasn´t visible until I saw the pictures in the computer. This was two coats, next time I will do three, just to make sure :)

TAKE THE STAGE
I will be repeating myself but this glows like crazy. It is a nice warm orange. I don´t normally wear orange or colors like this but I can´t wait to try this one because I really like the way it goes with my skin. Two coats.

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
This is just so perfect. Another favourite. I have no words, just have a look at the pictures :) Two coats

RISING STAR
Goldem shimmer. Not the champagne kind of gold but reall rich gold. Great color for Christmas! Full coverage in two thicker coats.

BRING ON THE BLING
The first of the gilletrs. Like the others this has multi color glitter and looks amazing! It was also very easy to apply. Two coats.

GLOW UP ALREADY!
This is maybe my least favourite polish from the collection. I just don´t like light green on me. Two coats.

SPARKLE-ISCIOUS
On the other hand this might be my favourite glitter. I love the combination of colors used. Pink, blue, gold...they work great together! This is the only glitter polish that needed three coats.

SIMMER AND SHIMMER
Icy blue glitter, great for winter :) This also needed only two coats.

SLOW IT AN GLOW IT
Light purple, silver and other colors mixed together. Here is another favourite of mine. How many are there already? :) Two coats.

EXTRA-VA-VAGANZA
The last glitter is mostly orange. But look at the close up how many different colors are there. Amazing. Two coats.

So this is it. All twelve of them :) As for the shimmers, I know I will be wearing each and every one of them. There might be some shades that are not so unigue but there is always that brush factor which makes the OPI polishes winners for me. I also like the fact that most of the polishes are only two coaters. As for the glitters, I must apologize for my pictures but I tried my best. You just have to see these under artificial light to see the full beauty of these. They will be just the perfect thing for christmas parties. Tomorrow I am going to celebrate my birthday and I will for sure wear one of the glitters, just have to decide which one :)
I will also be posting a video, hope it will be helpful :)

This collection is already available and I am sure a lot of you have these at home. So tell me, which are your favourites?


* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.