China Glaze Prismatic Chroma Glitters Collection 2012 - Swatches and Review


Today I have something very exciting for you. The newest China Glaze collection called Prismatic Chroma Glitter. There are six shades in this collection and here are my swatches. All of these are full of very small glitter particles which make the base colour and then larger round glitter in different colours.

RAY-DIANT
The base colour of this polish is golden with a hint of green. The glitter in it is yellow, green, pink, silver, turquoise and orange. This one was the sheerest of the whole collection. I used three coats for this swatch and still not opaque.

POLARIZED
Polarized is called Polarized in the press release I received but on the polish I have Polarizen. Anyway it is mostly silver with all the different colours of glitter. The coverage was better. I used two coats.

LIQUID CRYSTAL
Wow, this one is amazing! One of my favourites. Just look at the close-up picture and you will love it. Liquid Crystal is light blue but it has a hint of purple in it and I absolutely love the combination. Great coverage in two coats.

PRISM
Another favourite of mine, which is not a surprise because I love everything purple. It looks absolutely beautiful on the nails, so much sparkle! Two coats.

FULL SPECTRUM
Full Spectrum is an elegant glitter if something like that exists :) It is full of beautiful colours but the main colour is a very light pink. Two coats.

OPTICAL ILLUSION
A light green that also looks great and had full coverage in two coats. Although I am not a big fan of greens this one looks great for spring and I will for sure wear it too.

Overall a great collection for me! The only two shades that I am not liking much are the first two. They are less opaque and seem a bit boring when compared to the others. Although if they would be a part of a collection full of cremes I am sure I would like them more. My favourites are Prism and Liquid Crytsal. 
I had no problems with the application of these. You might think that opaque glitter must be thick or goopy but these were not. Most of them cover in two coats which is great. Although they look amazing on their own I am sure they will look great layered over black or over creme polishes of the same colour. I am planning to wear a light purple creme and then on my ring fingers layer Prism on top.
I really recommend you get at least one of these polishes because they are fun but don´t scream glitter into your face. You will love them.

China Glaze® Prismatic will be available April 2012.  Individual shades retail for $8 MSRP.  The collection will be available in a 3-D 12-piece counter display and as open stock colors. 

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company