Illamasqua Throb Collection Nail Varnishes - Swatches and Review

Hello nail polish addicts :) I have something very exciting for you today. The latest three Illamasqua shades from the brand new Throb Collection! Now you might think this will be boring...a red, white and black but wait for the swatches, this is much more.

Here is what Illamasqua says about the collection: "Bold blood reds lead the way for our brand new, super dramatic Throb Collection, a quintet of never before seen colours with undeniable impact and passion."


The swatches are all without a base or top coat and are in natural daylight (no sun or lightbox).



LOAD
First is Load which looked white to me from the promo pictures. It is not. It is creamy and looks more ivory to me. I have nothing like this, I have just plain whites. The formula was great, not streaky and covered in 2 - 3 coats. I did three for the picture.

THROB
A red? Another creme red? Do you think it is boring? You might but I don´t. This polish is AMAZING in every single way. I absolutely love the color, the color of blood. I thought I would do a comparison but I didn´t find anything in my collection of reds that would be close enough. Still if you have an idea, let me know I will be happy to compare. The other great thing about this one is the formula and coverage. What you see on the picture is one coat! I love this polish so much.

SCORN
I already showed you this one here but it belongs in this collection so I swatched it again. Same as the others, might look boring in the bottle but it is unique. It has a velvety matte finish which I love. This is two coats.

So what are my thoughts about this collection? I love it. Seriously. Illamasqua can make colors that have been made a milion times unique. I can´t wait to wear Throb as a full mani, such a beautiful red.
This collection is for Valentines day. What do you think of it? I also made a video of these three, will post it soon.

The collection is already available online here. The polishes cost £13.50.

* the product(s) in this post were sent to me by the manufacturer or their PR company.