Nails Care. Avoiding Skin & Nail Allergies.
Applying cosmetics can be a problem for women with sensitive skin when some cosmetic products can cause skin irritation and unsightly breakouts. Many of these women respond to the problem by avoiding make-up altogether.
But a leading dermatologist says some simple cosmetic suggestions and reminders can help protect women with sensitive skin.
There are some recommendatuions how to avoid Skin Allergies:
1. Choose powder when possible. Powder cosmetics are not only great at removing shine, they have very few preservatives and contain minimal ingredients that can cause skin and nail irritation. This means powder cosmetics are much less likely to cause problems for women with sensitive skin than their liquid counterparts.
2. Check sunscreen ingredients. Dermatologists recommend daily use of a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor 15 or higher. For women with sensitive skin and nails, this sunscreen should only contain the physical sunscreen ingredients zinc oxide or titanium dioxide. Unlike chemical sunscreen agents which absorb UV rays, it is impossible to be allergic to physical sunscreen ingredients since they deflect the rays rather than absorb them.
3. Use products that contain no more than ten ingredients. Simply stated, the fewer ingredients in a product, the less likely it is that the product will cause a problem.
4. Avoid nail polishes. In addition to being easily smudged and chipped, wet nail polish can be transferred to a person's eyes and face before it dries. This casual transfer can cause problems for women with sensitive skin if they find the polish irritating or have an allergic reaction to any of the components of the polish.
5. Use foundations based on silicone. While powder is preferred to protect sensitive skin, women choosing a liquid foundation should look for one with a silicone base. Liquid facial foundations based on silicone do not cause acne, and silicone has a very low incidence of skin irritation.
Posted by Beauty Girl